"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." -Anne Frank

Monday, November 17, 2014

Dedicated to the Anne Franks of this world

I have always admired Anne Frank--ever since I read the play based off her diary.  For those of you who have never read The Diary of a Young Girl, you should.  It takes place in Nazi Germany.  Anne is forced to hide in a small room with her family for a little over 2 years.  Why?  Because they were Jews.

This blog is not about Nazi Germany or the ensuing damage....no, it is inspired by some of the most beautiful words, written by a teenager---who lived in hiding because of hatred.

Her words:
"It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out.  Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."

I can't help but admire the heart she herself must have had.  Even though there was hatred keeping her in hiding--and eventually killing her--she believed in people, and in their goodness.

Well, Anne Frank, so do I.

I believe that most of this world is made up of the "good at heart".  Some of these hearts may be entrapped by years of hatred and disappointment.  But I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, I may be able to help bring some good hearts out of hiding and prove that people really are good at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment